It is currently March 29th, 2024, 9:09 am

Post subject: Version v.2.48 gamma available.
PostPosted: June 7th, 2016, 10:35 am 
Site Admin

You won't see any update notice in the program. This will be the final if no critical bugs will be noticed.

If you never updated please just wait for the final version since you will be able to use the update page instructions.

v.2.48 gamma
  • Added new right click options for "FORUMS" -> "Mark with color" and "Remove marked color".
  • Added new right click option in "Topics editor" -> "Send to themaManager". Topics IDs will be sent to themaManager "Topic fetch" tab.
  • Added new option when pressing "Register" button to send those forums URLs to themaRegister or open register page in browser (was always default before).
  • Added new right click option for "FORUMS" -> "Send to themaRegister" as well.
  • Added ability to receive users from themaRegister.
  • Added new right click option for "FORUMS" -> "Set custom name" for rare needed cases. By default it will show domain name as explained below.
  • Improved posts list and schedule for search filter to search in "Areas" as well.
  • Improved when copying status URL from "STATUS" -> "OTHER" table it would copy main website URL (was warning before that status didn't have an URL).
  • Fixed few posting problems.
  • Fixed few topic ID finding problems.
  • Removed name field from forums. Confusing. One less field to worry about. Will show domain name as already was by default years ago and it's the same in all other thema programs as well. You can still set custom name if really needed with right click option on forums list.
  • Other small improvements and fixes.

Final already released: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8506

Post subject: Re: Version v.2.48 alpha available.
PostPosted: June 11th, 2016, 7:09 pm 
Site Admin

Updated first post to beta with one important fix which affects whole program.

Post subject: Re: Version v.2.48 beta available.
PostPosted: June 11th, 2016, 10:19 pm 

Really good, thanks for that

PostPosted: June 12th, 2016, 12:43 am 

Freddy wrote:
v.2.48 beta
  • Removed name field from forums. Pointless and confusing. One less field to worry about. Will show domain name as already was by default years ago and it's the same in all other thema programs as well.

That one really makes me unhappy as I have dummy forums for moving regex rules back and forth and some demo forums, all on the same IP-address which I now can't distinguish from each other any more :-(

Wurstmu

PostPosted: June 12th, 2016, 6:56 am 
Site Admin

* Add them to different / separate categories.

* Use "Notes" tab to add some personal notes.

* Set a "dummy" random flag if needed.

* Added for 2.48 final right click options for forums to "Mark with color" and "Remove marked color". Just mark them with any different colors when 2.48 final is released.

PostPosted: June 12th, 2016, 12:24 pm 

What exactly is a "random flag"?

Notes need an extra click to see what I am working with, it's no option.

With naming I have control where exactly the entry appears since it's sorted alphabetically. With categories I can't see them together with the productive sites I work with. I often switch between dummy and test sites to productive sites to verify if a particular setting or regex is backed up there. That's why even colors will make a once proper named and sorted list to a colorful mess with multiple entries that have exactly the same name.

I could live somehow with the change if regex was manageable better. Right now it's a step backwards. :-(

I respect your work keeping the code clean and unified between your apps - that's how do it for my own code, too! But to be honest I missed naming of sites in Thema Manager already for a long time and I think maybe it would be a good idea to consider to bring naming to the other apps also instead of dumping it. :-)

Wurstmu

PostPosted: June 12th, 2016, 12:54 pm 
Site Admin

* Since I have added colors for forums that flag suggestion doesn't make much sense now (I wrote it before adding colors). You could just use color(s).

* You don't need to mark with color all sites, just those few dummy / demos to see them easily. Use some light color(s) and it won't be a mess.

* Almost all users don't use that name and always just leave it the default one (which is the host).

* I receive too many questions via email why that name field is even there and it takes too much time explaining to every person that it's not really needed.

* It eats less RAM without the need to store names (which are the same as host for most people) and not having that field.

* It doesn't really matter where it appears in the list. You can just use "search and filter" field to find needed forum fast.

Edit:

I won't be bringing the field back, but made few small changes:

* The names you had in previous version(s) will show up the same in 2.48 gamma (will make it available today most likely to test).

* Added right click option for forums to "Set custom name" in those rare needed cases.

PostPosted: June 12th, 2016, 1:06 pm 

Freddy wrote:
* Added right click option for forums to "Set custom name" in those rare needed cases.

Thank you so much - that is more than I expected since I know you always have good reason for a change.

Wurstmu

Post subject: Re: Version v.2.48 gamma available.
PostPosted: June 12th, 2016, 4:00 pm 
Site Admin

Updated first post to "gamma" with some more changes.

PostPosted: June 13th, 2016, 11:59 pm 

Freddy wrote:
[*]Removed name field from forums. Confusing. One less field to worry about. Will show domain name as already was by default years ago and it's the same in all other thema programs as well. You can still set custom name if really needed with right click option on forums list.

Sorting is broken, looks like TP only sorts after URL, not name, with odd results ... any chance this could be fixed?

Wurstmu

PostPosted: June 15th, 2016, 9:13 am 
Site Admin

Yes, forgot to change that back.

Will be fine in 2.48 final.